Contact the Legacy Law Center at (636) 887-5297 to speak to a trust attorney O’Fallon MO offers. Charles J. Moore is an attorney who is dedicated to fighting for the rights of his clients. If you or a family member is in need of an O’Fallon MO trust attorney, contact us to request a free consultation.
Achieve Peace of Mind
Creating a trust means that your final wishes can be honored after your passing. When your family is clear about your final wishes, they do not have to be further overwhelmed in addition to their grief. Also, with the help of a trust attorney in O’Fallon MO such as Charles J. Moore can limit or eliminate the possibility of probate. Probate can put the power of making decisions about your estate in the hands of others such as the court, for matters that you would likely prefer to make on your own. Avoid probate by working with a trust attorney O’Fallon MO locals hire.
The Advantages of Creating a Trust
Though passing away without a will can be devastating to your family as they may not have any idea of your final wishes, a will is not always the best or only choice. In addition to, or instead of a will, you can create a trust. One of the most common types of trusts is a living trust. It allows the owner (trustee), to retain ownership of their assets with the option of managing them, and specifies how they will be distributed after they pass away. A trust attorney O’Fallon MO community members can review your situation to determine what kind of trust is best suited for your needs. Many types of trusts offer these advantages:
- A trust can protect your assets after your passing from creditors or your surviving spouse.
- Some types of trusts can permit a married couple to leverage estate tax exemptions.
- Your beneficiaries can enjoy the benefits of your life insurance proceeds without paying an estate tax. Talk to a trust attorney O’Fallon MO residents work with to find out more about irrevocable life insurance.
- A personal residence trust can allow you to pass on your house to your heirs while enjoying maximum tax advantages.
- If you have children, you may not wish to leave them assets of significant value with full and immediate access. An attorney from our firm can help you establish a work incentive trust that will encourage your children to get an educational degree. It can also provide incentive to work and support themselves prior to receiving their inheritance.
- A trust can specify who should take care of and be legally responsive for your minor children. If you do not take care to make this known in a legally recognized way, these decisions may end up in the hands of a court and a judge may make different choices than you would.
Contact Us for a Free Consult
Establishing a trust can provide you and your family with the peace of mind you need well in advance of your passing. If you would like to know more about how a trust attorney O’Fallon MO turns to from the Legacy Law Center, call Charles J. Moore today at (636) 887-5297.