Will Lawyer O’Fallon MO
If you have not done so yet, it’s imperative to reach out to a will lawyer O’Fallon MO families can rely on for all of their estate planning needs. While it may be tempting to save some money by creating your own will using the many online sites available, this may not be in your best interest. Creating your own will can be risky and, in the long run, can result in serious problems. Contacting an experienced lawyer comes with a vast number of advantages that ultimately allow you to walk away with a clear and well-devised estate plan in place. Legacy Law Center is available to provide you with the skill, guidance, and support you deserve when planning for the unexpected.
The Risk of a DIY Will
Creating a DIY will can be an attractive option. They’re straightforward, convenient and appear to be less expensive at first. While it may be tempting to save some money and create your own will without an experienced lawyer’s guidance, it may not be in your best interest. There can be a variety of complications that may arise as a result:
- A DIY will can be generic, and in some cases, may not take into account state laws that could render the will invalid.
- Tax laws may be out of date and not help you take advantage of the significant tax savings you could be entitled to.
- Your unique situation will not be taken into account
- Your will must have two witnesses to be valid
- You made decisions without the guidance of an experienced attorney, and as a result, you have forgotten to make critical decisions
Is a DIY will worth the risk? While it may initially provide you with peace of mind, problems could arise, and, unfortunately, you will no longer have the ability to take action or have a voice in the process. To have a clear picture of your options, contact our O’Fallon MO will lawyer for help.
The Advantages of a Lawyer
Both you and your loved ones deserve to have a clear plan in place for when the time comes that you are no longer able to make decisions on your own. Without a will or estate plan, you, your children, and your assets are vulnerable. Decisions will need to be made without the ability for you to weigh in. The following are advantages to accessing a lawyer to develop your will:
- Ensure that your will is valid
- Prevent problems from occurring down the road
- A professional who can review your personal circumstances and create documents that are customized to your needs
- In the long run, a will can help your heirs retain as much of your assets as possible
- Keep your specific needs at the forefront
You deserve assistance and guidance when planning your final wishes. You deserve the experience and support of Legacy Law Center.
Choosing Legacy Law Center
We know that developing your estate plan can feel like a burdensome process that is often thought of as stressful and time-consuming. With the help of Legacy Law Center, creating a will doesn’t have to be this challenging. Working with our team can ensure that the process is as simple and straightforward as possible, even in complicated situations. We want to help you develop a plan that provides you and your loved ones a clear plan that can be referred to when the time comes. Get started today by scheduling an appointment with our O’Fallon, Missouri, will lawyer.