Legacy Law Center was founded in 2012 with the goal of providing top-notch assistance to seniors, veterans, and families with an intense focus on proper estate planning. Proper estate planning plays into elder care, if you think about it, because aging is hard and it comes with extreme changes to who someone is. And with aging, comes the desire to ensure that your family is taken care of.
An elder law lawyer in Chesterfield, MO can help you do just that. It can be hard to determine if you need an elder law lawyer, so we’re here to help. With all of our years of combined experience, we’re going to be able to provide you with information such as:
- How to manage your estates and trusts.
- How to plan for your death, plan for the probate process, create your will, and how to store other financial documents.
- We’re going to teach you the signs of elder abuse and fraud.
- We’re going to help you make decisions about end-of-life care, long-term care placements, and nursing homes. They’re not the same thing, at all, so it is important to pick a plan at a facility that suits your needs and your personality.
- We’ll also discuss Medicare and social security appeals or claims.
- And we can help you transfer or preserve assets to avoid impoverishment when your spouse enters the nursing facility.
Whether you are trying to decide what’s best for you and your spouse, or your entire family when you’re gone, it’s never too early to start working with an elder law lawyer in Chesterfield, MO.
What Can An Elder Law Lawyer Do For Me?
An elder law lawyer is going to advise you as their client on what is best for your client. After all, families are easy to split on what they think their parents need. But an elder law lawyer is going to be walking into this objectively, with only the elder person in mind. The lawyer is going to recommend what is safest for the elderly person in question—and sometimes that’s staying home with family, other times, that’s assisted living facilities or nursing homes, depending upon the person’s health and their own wants and needs.
Your lawyer is going to develop a plan for long-term care. You might not need it, but sometimes you might. An elder law lawyer has seen almost every situation under the sun that involves elderly people. From socioeconomic, to health issues, to family feuds and more. So they’re going to try to focus on problems and issues that the families may face as their parents or spouse age, especially in cases with dementia and other life-altering diseases.
Your lawyer is also going to ensure that you have a durable power of attorney in place—so that someone is allowed to make decisions if your loved one is incapacitated for any reason. This means if you don’t have a power of attorney, your lawyer can help you find a guardian or otherwise to handle financial and personal affairs.
Reach out to Legacy Law Center today, if you find yourself in need of an elder law lawyer in Chesterfield, MO.