Best Probate Attorney O’Fallon, MO
After losing a loved one you may feel overwhelmed and unsure about what you should do regarding their estate. Perhaps they left a will, or perhaps they did not. Regardless of whether or not either is true, you will almost certainly need to probate the estate. This is an often complicated process, and when the estate is valuable or contains assets such as real estate or a business, you should look for the best probate attorney in O’Fallon, MO.
What is a Probate Lawyer?
A probate lawyer can handle a broad range of estate matters. For example, he or she can help you to draft and review a will, and can also assist in the probate process after the testator has passed away. The best probate attorney in O’Fallon, MO will likely also be able to manage the entire probate process; this is especially important if there is no will or the administrator of the will does not understand what to do.
Finding the Best Probate Lawyer in O’Fallon, MO
If you read your state’s probate guidelines you might be convinced that the process is easy and you can proceed on your own. In reality, even though most states have tried to create a streamlined probate process, very few cases will go smoothly. If you do choose to go through probate without the best O’Fallon, MO probate lawyer, you might risk losing more time and money than you had thought. At the Legacy Law Center, we have years of experience in estate related issues. As a probate attorney O’Fallon, MO residents trust, we seek to simplify things for our clients. Although no two cases are exactly alike, we approach them in a similar way in that we seek to make this process as simple as possible. Whether your probate matter is straightforward or one that is rife with challenges, we invite you to give us a call to learn more about how we work.
Who Legacy Law Center Represents
As one of the best probate lawyers in O’Fallon, MO, we have successfully represented clients throughout the state of Missouri, and from all backgrounds. Our range of clientele is broad and includes:
- Out of state relatives who have been named in a will
- Disabled people who are unable to visit our firm
- Elderly people living in a nursing home
- Children under the age of 18 and who have lost their parents
- People who are disputing a will
- Clients who are probating an estate without a will
- Minor children who lost their parents
- Clients who are disputing a will or estate plan
- Clients who are dealing with intestate succession
- Out of state executors
How A Probate Lawyer Can Help You
Guided by years of experience, a probate lawyer from Legacy Law Center can help you to understand:
- Which court you must probate the will in
- Which county the will should be probated in
- How to prepare and file the will for probate
- How to contact the named executor if you are not this person
- How you can evaluate and sell assets
- How to contact any creditors and pay off debts
- How to distribute any remaining assets to the heirs
- Whether or not you can contest a will
- Close the estate
If you would like help with these things and more, please call the best probate lawyer in O’Fallon, MO.